We live in a harsh, violent world, where kidnapping, burglaries, home invasions and murders have become a common phenomena. And no matter how much we try to stay away from trouble, trouble does find their way to us, putting our efforts in vain. Admit it. Will you? So what happens when you are attacked in the middle of nowhere and there is no one to save you? Well, handguns can be a great life savior and if you happen to carry them around with you, then they are enough to protect you from your assailants. Yes, handguns are a great tool to help you go through your life unmolested and if used properly, they can save your life or that of someone you love or both. But before we dive in, let’s take a look on why you should posses a handgun.
Why own a handgun?
While some people cannot find good enough reasons to own a gun, others cannot think of a single moment without being armed. The reasons for using a handgun can vary from person to person. Some people are gun owners by default, handed down by their father or grandfather. But the most prominent cause of bearing a handgun is self-defense. With the threat of violent crime in mind, people choose to stay armed at all times, to protect themselves and their loved ones from trouble. Some gun owners have a wide collection of guns for hunting purposes, while some collect guns just as a hobby, but has no intention of using them. Also, there are some gun owners who possess a gun just to exercise their Second Amendment right to bear arms.
How to use a handgun
Firing a handgun is not as fascinating as it seems in movies and TV shows. It requires a lot of practice. The following are some basic rules for safely using a handgun that can help you get started:
- Learn the basics about handgun and make sure you know the difference between revolvers and semi-automatic pistols
- Ensure that your ears and eyes are protected by proper safety gears
- Before firing a gun, make sure it is loaded
- Carefully pick up the gun, keeping your fingers outside the trigger guard
- Grip the gun high on the back strap using your gun hand (dominant hand)
- Secure the gun in your other hand
- Stand in the proper firing posture, with your feet shoulder-width apart. Lean slightly forward with your knees bent to ensure proper balance
- Focus your eye on the front sight and aim your gun at the target
- Once the gun is fixed on the target, squeeze the trigger and fire your gun
- To become a pro, practice firing several times and unload the gun when you are done
Ownership of a good quality handgun is not only enjoyable, but can also be your knight in shining armor. But if you want to defend your life and that of your loved ones, you should have the skills for operating it properly and safely. With the numerous types of handguns available out there, choose the best handgun for you and keep your family in one piece.